THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    What Extra Parts for Winchesters do you need
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Extra Parts for Winchesters do you need
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have 5 Winchester Model 94s two big bore 375 ,one older 1973 30-30 and now three 94 trails end hunter 25-35s.I was wondering if I needed springs and followers and what else wears out on these?I dont see Winchester hanging around with these parts very long.

Posts: 2543 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DGR416;Not to worry Charles Jones in Kerrville TX has anything you need for winchesters and marlins and if he doesnt have it hw will make it.w/regards

Posts: 610 | Location: MT | Registered: 01 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The parts on the big bore are different than the regualr 94s.I was going to get a mag spring and a follower and a few more while they are cheap.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has anyone ever heard of a follower wearing out? I have Winchesters 100+ yrs old still on the origionals and origional mag springs. Anyone can make a mag spring for you. If I was going to stock up; I would be more worried about extractors, ejectors and firing pins along with hammers and triggers (for the sear) although any good smith could repair most of those.

Thaine
"Begging hands and bleeding hearts will always cry out for more..." Ayn Rand

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance" Jeanne C. Stein

Posts: 730 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You need original sights that fit the dovetails. Although there are many out there, Now is the time to get originals including tang sights. A good set of screws wont hurt as they can sometimes get buggered.
I would also get original butt plates. Especially if any of your rigs have the crescent.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a follower screw up on a model 92 browning and some other parts.There were very few spare parts to be found so I fixed the gun and sold it.Yep I might get a set of screws thats and the springs and follower.There are alot of different big bore parts.I think only the stocks are the same and a few more things.