THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    WINCHESTER 1886 or 71 RECIEVER SIGHT NEEDED
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WINCHESTER 1886 or 71 RECIEVER SIGHT NEEDED
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted
LOOKING FOR THE ONE THAT MOUNTS TO THE TOP REAR OF THE ACTION....ALOT LESS BULKY..THANKS

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
XS Sights. Have one on an 86 Win., works great. Be sure to get the XS Front sight as well. The white line post works for both short and long range shooting. Talk to the guys at XS sighs and they can tell you how to get the proper front sight height.
Jeff

The true measure of a hunters skill is not the size of the trophy but rather the length of the shot with the greater measure of skill being the shorter shot---Jeff Cooper

Posts: 399 | Location: Cass County, Texas | Registered: 25 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The only way I would do that is to find an original bolt peep.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42167 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Where can I find one please??Help!
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
The only way I would do that is to find an original bolt peep.

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a XS on mine also, mounted it behind the locking lugs, but went with a Williams Firesite front, but just switched it out with the XS white cowboy front, jurys still out on it thou.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

Posts: 711 | Location: Michigan , USA | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote