New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Winchester Frames
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey BAW did you take a ride over to Jemtrek or what ?? I probably wouldn't go through the expense on the '92's for a 38-40 just because the re-sale is so low. I would auction those antique frames and parts though. The '94 is another story. If you want to pony up the $55 for a factory letter from the Cody Firearms Museum you could find out the origional caliber and configuration Then re-build it to the letter. 1902 production.....my bet is on a 32 WS but I would keep my fingers crossed for a 38-55.

Posts: 1010 | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BAW, It sounds to me like they are sufficiently complete that you should send one or two to me! I dunno why, but I would be glad to suffer the responsibility of bringing one back to life

Just jerkin' your chain - good luck

Brent

Posts: 2257 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
I was given three Winchester lever frames today. Upon searching the date of manufacture I have a '94 made in 1906 and 2x'92's made in 1895. There are enough spares to complete the '94 action sans 1 or 2 screws and one of the '92 with a bolt face to suit 38/40.
Is it worth the trouble to fully restore these as shooters in perhaps 32/40 and 38/40 or just keep for spares.

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
The source is a very good friend who has both lungs riddled with cancer and needs to get rid of some rifles to pay for the treatments.
He gave me the bits & pieces for finding buyers. I got a 303 Martini Enfield and a 577/450 (complete but in bits)also

Footnote:
ALL YOUS SMOKERS GIVE THE BLOODY FAGS AWAY SO YOU CAN LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO WEAR OUT THE BARREL ON YOU FAVOURITE SHOOTER

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote