Find
Notify
Tools

model 1895
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of byf42
posted
got a new model 1895 in 405. the barrel says "japan "on it. is just the barrel made there, or is the whole gun made in japan?

*We Band of 45-70er's*

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Posts: 497 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of "JB"
posted Hide Post
The whole dang thing is made in Miruku, Japan just like the Winchester 1886 mods... its just something that we got to get used to, I guess Roll Eyes

"JB"

Posts: 31 | Location: NW Montana in grizzly country | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of byf42
posted Hide Post
damn!!! should have saved my money and got an original!!! Roll Eyes

*We Band of 45-70er's*

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Jap made 1886 45/70 extra lite that has been turned into a 50-110....................fit and finish is awsome, god I love those 1886 rifles !!

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the original sell for bout three times what the japchesters do . i dont mind the japchesters to much. they have very good fit and finish very good steel , the originals have then dam cresent butt plates which are no fun to shoot with. if it gets a little bum or ding or scratch on it , you wont feel too bad , call it character.

the 45-70 132 years and counting

Posts: 42 | Location: northwest MT | Registered: 17 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of byf42
posted Hide Post
you're right about getting a scratch in it, true true, but c'mon, I mean, it WAS T.R.'s chosen rifle, now made in japland??? seen a few on gunbroker, they are about 3 times as much, still and all....

*We Band of 45-70er's*