New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Marlin 1894CL in 32-20 Win.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This may have already been covered here but I just now saw it and thought I would pass along the information.

New Model 1894CL

New Model 1894CL The return of a classic. This new '94 is reminiscent of our original 32/20. It features a half-magazine tube that holds six rounds, a 22" barrel and a squared finger lever. Sights consist of a Marble semi-buckhorn rear, and a Marble carbine front. The straight-grip American Walnut stock has a hard-rubber butt plate.

Marlin 1894CL in .32-20

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is nice of Marlin to do that, when they start production without the Micro-groove barrel let me know.

Luddite Dan

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, jeeze, you have to wonder how out of touch with reality they are to use that POS microgroove barrel.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep, and while we're doing a makeover, I'd like an octagon barrel of about 22".

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
And a full lenght magazine tube.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of C. A. Plater
posted Hide Post
It would make a good donor rifle for a .25-20.

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -- Thomas Jefferson
http://tcbunch.com

Posts: 181 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama | Registered: 21 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, and I wish it came in a choice of colors as well...

You guys just ain't satisfied with nothin', are you? Wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery!
Hit the target, all else is twaddle.

Posts: 1027 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No, not unles it's right and that GD micropuke barrel ruins the whole damned thing. I can live with the rest of it as is....just give us standard 'Ballard' type rifling in everything they make. Octagon barrels and case colors are nice and i like them...but can survive very well without them. That MG rifling sucks.

Posts: 288 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually, I wasn't talking about color case hardening. I was hoping for a nice lemon yellow, or maybe a patriotic red, white and blue color scheme.

Post was TIC.

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim in Idaho:
Actually, I wasn't talking about color case hardening. I was hoping for a nice lemon yellow, or maybe a patriotic red, white and blue color scheme.

Post was TIC.

Just go to, Marlins Custom Shop roflmao roflmao

Hog Killer

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.marlinfirearms.com/firearms/leverActionCB_rifles/1894Cowboy-32.htm

This one looks better. Better features, normal barrel. .32 H/R does not have the romance of the 32-20 but is more versitile. You can shoot 32S/W short, Long and the H/R mag. I guess it would not do for Cowboy action shooting though.

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scota4570:
http://www.marlinfirearms.com/firearms/leverActionCB_rifles/1894Cowboy-32.htm

This one looks better. Better features, normal barrel. .32 H/R does not have the romance of the 32-20 but is more versitile. You can shoot 32S/W short, Long and the H/R mag. I guess it would not do for Cowboy action shooting though.

It would be a "legal" CAS, rifle. Any centerfire rifle, 25-20 or larger is legit.

Hog Killer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Any centerfire rifle, 25-20 or larger is legit."

Good to know. I have an original Wincerster '92 carbine in 25-20 that would be real good for speed shooting. It is the fastest slickest lever gun I have ever shot. It is one of those rifles that you can use to shoot hand thrown obects out of the air to impress your friends. Very instictive pointer. Shot countless ground squirrels with it using 5gr. Unique and a cast bullets from an old ideal tong tool. Real fun to sit on the hood of the jeep and bang away at them as they ran on the road, that can be dangerious, don't try it and run yourself over! I bet it would really clean up the CAS plates. If I ever get into CAS I'll have to give it a try.

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
I guess that I should add, pistol size rounds, 25-20, 32-20, 38 Spec., 38-40, 44-40 44Spec. 45 Colt. Things like 30-30, 45-70, etc. are only for long range side matchs.

Hog Killer

posted Hide Post
Luckily, I snagged one of the 1894CCL's in October, with all the goodies--Ballard rifling, full length magazine. I'm glad I didn't wait for the CL, since it has that microgroove pattern. Makes ya wonder what color the sky is in Marlin's world.

Posts: 9 | Location: Yucaipa CA USA | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
The problem with the Microgroove rifling is...?

Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is supposed to be inferior for cast bullets. Debate rages (simmers?) that the micro-groove rifling can actually be better for cast bullets as it deforms the bullet less.

Obviously quite an emotional issue.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The micro-groove is fine with jacketed bullets. But the cut Ballard type rifling is better for lead bullets..... like they use in Cowboy Action.

I don't shot Cowboy Action, but if I bought one..... I'd want the Ballard style rifling too.

Posts: 49226 | Registered: 21 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If anyone knows where to get a 336CB in .32 H&R I'd sure like to hear about it. As far as I can tell, they're in the catalog but not in the market.

I just bt a CB in .38-55, scrounged one box of factory Win ammo. While sighting it, it shot less than 2 inches at 100 yds. A fun gun to shoot! Cases arrived today, dies hopefully will be here tomorrow.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
If anyone knows where to get a 336CB in .32 H&R I'd sure like to hear about it. As far as I can tell, they're in the catalog but not in the market.

Gato,

The 32 H&R is on a frame like the Model 39/22LR. Loads like one too, through the hole in side of the tube. Have not heard of any out yet, I have only seen a proto type last March. Neat looking rifle, I wonder if it will also feed 32 S&W and 32 S&W-L.

Hog Killer

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hog Killer:

You're exactly right. I mis-wrote. The actual factory designation of said mystery firearm is 1894CB-32. I wonder if they're going to make them? They've been talking about them for well over a year, and I think were in the catalog last year. How do I know? I've been trying to buy one since I first heard about them.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Gato,

I am planning on going to the NRA show in Houston. This is one item I will check on to see what is their current story.

Hog Killer

one of us
posted Hide Post
You can get a new 1894 barrel from Gunparts Corp. w/ballard rifleing :Barrel, 22", 32-20 Cal., New
Model: MARLIN 1894CL
Item No. 453850
Additional Additional Shipping charge: $1.00
Retail Price: $94.55

Posts: 147 | Location: SW Wash | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TrapperP
posted Hide Post
I can't speak to all Marlins in all calibers but I can say I've had exactly three Marlin 1895's in 45/70, 2 with Mivccro-Groove and one with Ballard rifling. Not too much difference with my reloads with 405gr Remington JSP BUT the Ballard rifle would outshoot both the MicroGroove barrels using cast bullets hands down - not even close. We're speaking 1 1/2 - 2" groups versus 5-6" on a good day here.
Now if I only had a Marlin in 45LC, full length mag tube, octagon barrel and etc - I would be ready to go!

Lord, give me patience 'cuz if you give me strength I'll need bail money!!
'TrapperP'

Posts: 3742 | Location: Moving on - Again! | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
2 with Mivccro-Groove and one with Ballard rifling. Not too much difference with my reloads with 405gr Remington JSP BUT the Ballard rifle would outshoot both the MicroGroove barrels using cast bullets hands down - not even close.

This is the whole point of my rant over MG barrels. You are correct about little difference with jacketed bullets, but I haven't shot a jacketed bullet in years. If Marlin would just return all their lever gun barrels to Ballard rifling, everybody would be happy as it works great for jacketed or cast. No brainer to me.

I also think Marlin would be ahead of the game if they styled all their guns like what was current 100 years ago.....say 1905. Thin forearms instead of those fat clubs, all the levers squared, long tapered octagon barrels as options.....say up to 32".....28" being my favorite!

Posts: 288 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BigRx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jumptrap:

I also think Marlin would be ahead of the game if they styled all their guns like what was current 100 years ago.....say 1905. Thin forearms instead of those fat clubs , all the levers squared, long tapered octagon barrels

Yes, yes! Why over the last 100 years is fatter and fatter wood the rage? The slender and comfortable "feel" of the older long barreled lever guns...... Straight grip slender stocks and a slender forearm to match get my vote!

BigRx

Posts: 208 | Location: Idaho Rockies | Registered: 25 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hog Killer:
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:

Gato,

The 32 H&R is on a frame like the Model 39/22LR. Loads like one too, through the hole in side of the tube. Have not heard of any out yet, I have only seen a proto type last March. Neat looking rifle, I wonder if it will also feed 32 S&W and 32 S&W-L.

Hog Killer

I saw the Marlin rep., this weekend. I asked him about the 32 Mag. rifle. He told me that they had only shipped about 30 of them, they are on hold until the carriers are redesigned, as they are not quite right. When we were talking I asked him about being able to shoot 32S&W and 32S&W L, The rifle is very cartridge lenght sensitve. So no shooting the shorter rounds in this thing, I guess single loading straight into the chamber will be the only option here.

Hog Killer

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think I'm with you guys on .
Lose the goofy even if it is old style checkering
Lose the fat wood
The old Marlins were a thing of beauty.
I bought a 1895 Cowboy because it was some what
Fixed as it should have been. Still could cut allot of wood off the stock and forarm
Love to have the CL94 in 32-20 and 218-Bee

Life but a knife edge anyway.Sooner or later the man slips and gets cut.
YOU AIN'T SLIPPED SIR?
How would you know son.
(Streets Of Laredo)

Posts: 112 | Location: Bonetown,South Dakota | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote