Find
Notify
Tools

348 Winchester
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of MADDOG
posted
Getting back to a 348 Winchester after 20 years. I'll need, Brass, Bullets etc. Where is a good supply for these? I looked at Midway, no brass... Any help appreciated.. maddog

Joshua 24:15
www.teamfaithfull.net /
My granddaughter
"Multitudes loose the sight of that which is, by setting their eyes on that which is not".

Posts: 1899 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 03 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
If I can't find it at midway, I look at midsouth shooters supply, then Huntington's if midsouth does not have it.

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
winchester is the only one making brass for it.
they make it once a year,probably not this year though.
hornady makes bullets for it,they can be got all year long though.
if you really wanna shoot it it can be made from the 45-70 family of brass.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Winchester used the 50-110 WCF case as the parent cartridge of the 348 Winchester. 50-110 and 50 Alaskan brass is available from Starline and can be used to form 348 brass. 45-70 brass IS NOT suitable.

Posts: 57 | Location: North Central Washington | Registered: 19 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jim Z.
posted Hide Post
I'm always on the search for .348 brass and bullets. My best results come from finding winchester .348 at gun shows. Good luck. I love my .348. If I only had one rifle my Mod 71 would be it.

*we band of 45-70ers*
Whiskey for my men & beer for my horses!

Malon Labe!

Posts: 235 | Location: Oregon Territory | Registered: 16 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JOE MACK
posted Hide Post
Gents,

The Graf and sons website says they have .348Winchester brass in stock. I really like my carbine for hogs, javelina, and deer. When the thrill is gone, I may make it an AI or rebarrel to a .35 or .411 caliber.

JOE MACK aka The .41FAN

HAVE MORE FUN AND GET THE JOB DONE WITH A .41

I am the punishment of God…
If you had not committed great sins,
God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you. (GENGHIS KHAN)

Posts: 403 | Location: PRK | Registered: 20 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dedseven:
Winchester used the 50-110 WCF case as the parent cartridge of the 348 Winchester. 50-110 and 50 Alaskan brass is available from Starline and can be used to form 348 brass. 45-70 brass IS NOT suitable.

thumb Correct.

It is the predecessor to the .348, the .33 Winchester, which can be made from .45-70 brass.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Getting back to a 348 Winchester after 20 years. I'll need, Brass, Bullets etc. Where is a good supply for these? I looked at Midway, no brass... Any help appreciated.. maddog

It can't be had...so you better sell me your .348!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37878 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

It can't be had...so you better sell me your .348!!!

Well, ledvm........you may consider buying MINE!
If possibly interested, send me a PM.
Alex

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Joe Mack,

"when the thrill is gone..."

Tell your widow to sell me the rifle. Seriously.

Rich
348 Fan

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Conifer/Alex

PM sent.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37878 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now you're talking Lane. 348 tests coming up next (right after the 338s Wink)

Posts: 437 | Location: WY | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try www.buffaloarms.com They should have plenty.

"This ain't Dodge City and you ain't Bill Hickok. "

Posts: 54 | Location: Brandon, Ms. | Registered: 20 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Model 71 changed a charging sow grizzly into a dlp turn-in with one shot near Denali several years back. Needless to say, it's one of my favorites.

Dave Manson

Posts: 697 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 04 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jim Z.
posted Hide Post
DManson,

What kind of load were you using?

JZ

*we band of 45-70ers*
Whiskey for my men & beer for my horses!

Malon Labe!

Posts: 235 | Location: Oregon Territory | Registered: 16 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
check old west scrounger

Posts: 509 | Location: Flathead county Montana | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Cabela's is showing bags of 50 at $39.99.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now you're talking Lane. 348 tests coming up next (right after the 338s )

Hey Mike,

I traded for Alex's model 71!!! What powder do you like for the .348 Winchester with the 240gr NF FP?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only thing I have used was H4831 but I have high hopes for RE17. That stuff has been tops in every mid-bore I have tried it in. I got off track and I have two other calibers ahead of the 348 but it is coming. BTW, it is a 230.

Posts: 437 | Location: WY | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
BTW, it is a 230.

Yep, I realized that while on internet placing order.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
Lane,
not on the 348 but along the lines of the 33WCF post the other day.

While @ Jackson Armory in Dallas , I saw they have 3 original boxes of Peters .33WCF and 1 box of Winchester if you are interested.
( Or did you trade the .33)
214 363 2767
www.jacksonarmory.com

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote