Find
Notify
Tools

Which peep sight ?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Tanoose
posted
I want to put a lyman peep sight on a winchester model 94 30/30 made in 1963 which has two peep sight holes on the receiver. I am thinking its the #66A I am somewhat confused as when i look at the williams catalog they have one model that fits both the winchester 94 and the Marlin 336. When looking at the Lyman catalog they show one model # for the winchester and a different model # for the marlin , why is this? Maybe someone can help me out hear? Thanks Tanoose

Posts: 869 | Location: Bellerose,NY USA | Registered: 27 July 2001Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
According to Brownells, the 94 uses the 66A, and the 336 uses the 66LA.

There is also a listing for the Marlin 1894, that must be an additional gun.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think that any flat sided receiver sight will work on a 94...I have has several old Lymans, Redfields and a few Williams and they all fit on any 94 or Marlin lever gun...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42167 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tanoose
posted Hide Post
well Midway owed me ten dollars and they had the williams 5D on sale for $29.99 so i got it for $19.00 how could i pass that up.

Posts: 869 | Location: Bellerose,NY USA | Registered: 27 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If I had a nice old Pre-64 M94 I think I would find out exactly what Lyman sight I needed and then look around the gunshops for an older all steel Lyman...it will look more "of the period" than one of the glossy aluminum Williams. The Lymans are even now made of aluminum...

Just a thought....Bob

Posts: 601 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
For a vintage Winchester 94, I'd look on ebay for a vintage all steel Lyman (66-A) or Redfield (70-E).

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tanoose
posted Hide Post
I bet i can find that steel sight in a gunshop up in the Adirondacks. Midway used to have them and i was talking to a winchester customer service rep and he was very sure that the 94"s were drilled and tapped for the Lyman sight