THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Re: anyone ever shoot a .219 zipper?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: anyone ever shoot a .219 zipper?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted
I've owned two of them, one in the '60s and one in the very early '70s. Both were Marlins with the 20" heavy barrel and wore older Weaver scopes...one a K-8, the other a K-10. Both would easily shoot MOA groups at 100 yards. I mainly handloaded Sisk 55 grain "Express" & 50 grain Herter's bullets in mine over Ball-C (2) or IMR 3031 (Dupont version) powders. I used mainly RWS primers which I had bought from the L.A. Police Department in 1961, when they sold them to the public to help pay for their police pistol training ammo and targets. (I bought 20 bricks [50,000] of them at the time.) The RWS primers had the old convex face and came in 250-primer little tray-type boxes. They sure were a good product.

I was pretty impressed as the Zippers would shoot through both sides of oil well casing at 100 yards. Have often had the itch to buy yet another, but there are too many Ruger No. 1's for sale for the same or less money in this neck of the woods, so have never got around to it.

AC

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote