THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Re: How accurate is the average Marlin 1895G
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: How accurate is the average Marlin 1895G
 Login/Join

posted
I just bought a marlin guide gun gs 45-70 was going to put a bushnell red dot on it but I see you are using a forward mounted scope "scout mount" and it looks like a ashley signt what do you thing red dot or leupold 1.54 to 5 or just a ashley iron sights whitetail deer and bear in pa

one of us
posted Hide Post
I picked one up,put an old bushnell trophy 1.5-5 on,it has a 22" tube,seems to like sierras 300grs,51 grs H4198 gives 2050 fps.Consistently sub 1 1/8" at 100,a ragged hole at 50.However I have been told by a tech guy at Marlin that that was the exeption,everybody I know is getting the accuracy I am.Perhaps marlin doesnt like to garauntee anything that couldnt be produced under every circumstances.All I know is that for a cal. that hurls a turnip,I'm impressed with mine.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You guys need to stop this...

You're making me drool.. I want one!!..

one of us
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 723 | Location: Ny | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote