THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Anyone on here have or shoot a cimmeron 1876 rifle?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone on here have or shoot a cimmeron 1876 rifle?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am looking into buying a Cimmeron 1876 Rifle.They look awesome in pictures have not seen one in person.I like it cause Teddy roosevelt also used this gun.What caliber is good in this gun?

Posts: 2543 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From the ones I have seen they are very nicely finished and have heard good reports about them.
Cimmeron products are a bit better finished than most of the replicas that I have encountered. They are a large frame rifle and quite impressive to hold. Am told they are excellent for off hand shooting, a bit on the muzzle heavy side, but many prefer that. Believe the one I looked at was in 45-60 caliber.

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
I have a 50/95 Stoeger Uberti ! Make my own brass from 348 winchester , 35 grains 5744 340 grain Lyman bullet , I had to do many alterations & repairs to this fine gun when I first received it , as for overall opinion ! it kicks like a mule ,shoots straight ,would drop a T-Rex ! I will never sell it !

Don't take the chip !

Posts: 578 | Location: PA | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have a Chaparral in 45-75. I also have an original, made by Winchester, dating from the mid 1880s. My concern with the reproductions concerned "original feel" when cycling the gun quickly.

I have to tell you, the Chaparral has impressed me. I recently bought a hundreds pieces of fairly expensive brass so I can shoot more often!