THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Anyone have/shoot a 425 Mossberg?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have/shoot a 425 Mossberg?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted
Have been considering buying one in .30-30, but really need some background info.

Can anyone who has actually owned or used one tell me anything about their reliability, accuracy, value, or in particular, down sides or strong points? TIA

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a house brand Mossberg 425, a Coast to Coast "Master Mag CC779", in 30-30. I have an old Simmons 1053 1.5-4.5x scope mounted on it and it shoots good groups with the 170 grain Remington RNCL factory loads.

I do like the trigger traveling with the lever, but I don't like the location of the safety.

These rifles can usually be bought for less than $200 and seem to be good utility grade rifles.

Jeff

Posts: 993 | Location: Omaha, NE, USA | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A---C-----k: I'm owning one of those ,in the 24"barrel,half magazine configuration. To me,it typifies Mossberg's rep.. a utilitatian piece, decent value for price. would not be taking $200 for mine these days...Idabull

Posts: 142 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot guys! They certainly LOOK like a sound piece of work. Think I will buy the one I found available locally.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote