THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Handloading Tips & Tricks for Marlin 1894 Cowboy 44mag
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Handloading Tips & Tricks for Marlin 1894 Cowboy 44mag
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I know its been posted before but lets get some new tips and tricks for loading the Marlin 1894 Cowboy in 44 mag. I picked up one of these a couple days ago in a trade. I have been loading 44 S&W & 44mag now for over a year for my S&W 629-1. Favorite load currently is 6grs AutoComp under 240gr LSWC for plinking and 13grs BlueDot with same bullet for hunting. What OAL are you seating to for use in this rifle, favorite loades, and favorite cast bullets? I have an assortment of different powders so let me know your ideas. Thanks

Speak softly and carry a big stick, and you will go far. -- Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 108 | Location: Panhandle of Texas | Registered: 20 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't have my 44 anymore but try the 200 grain round nose flat points. They shot very well in the one I had. They were accurate as I could see through the tang peep sight I installed and they fed very well.

Posts: 1016 | Location: Happy Valley, Utah | Registered: 13 October 2006Reply With Quote