Find
Notify
Tools

Parts for Winchester 95's?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted
I have an original '95 action (originally .30/40 Krag) that I am rebulding but the magazine is a little sad with the magazine spring lacking so of it's former strength - so much so that the rifle does not feed reliably. This is an early model employing the v-spring style magazine spring. I also have a later 95 rifle, with the coil-spring style magazine spring and this spring is a little soft, too.

Does anyone know of a source of replacement magazine springs for the Win 95's?

"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)
www.cybersafaris.com.au

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RLI
posted Hide Post
Bob,
While looking for a source of M70 springs I came across a complete kit for 1895 but can not remember the make might have been Wolffs or Holland? Brownells may have them. Have you considered getting new production springs? I presume Winchester/Browning sell them?

Steve

Posts: 276 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 24 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
Steve,

Thanks, I'll check out the web and see if I can find the spring kits you mentioned. The thought of buying current manufactured springs did cross my mind but I am not sure if they use the same systems. What magazine spring does your new .405 have?

Bob

"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)
www.cybersafaris.com.au

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RLI
posted Hide Post
Not sure I think it is a "W" flat spring my brother has it at the moment will check when I get it back

Steve

Posts: 276 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 24 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth there a bunch of Winchester 95 parts on Ebay.
Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RLI
posted Hide Post
Try http://www.wisnersinc.com they have some springs

Steve

one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.gunparts.com has the old v style listed for $30 and you might try chasjonesgunparts.com

Posts: 234 | Location: tx | Registered: 30 September 2003Reply With Quote