THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Anyone know if this is the right Tang sight?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone know if this is the right Tang sight?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just bought/ordered my first lever action rifle, it's a Marlin 1895CB. I believe the link below is the right Marble Tang sight for it, but I am not positive. Anyone else have one for this gun? The Marlin website says it has to be installed by a gunsmith. Is that the case or can I do it myself? From the picture I am not sure how it mounts yet, of course I don't have the gun to look at to see either.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=123620

Thanks
Wes

----
Towards danger; but not too rashly, nor too straight

Posts: 100 | Location: Tampa | Registered: 05 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go to Marble's web sight. All applications are listed there.
Pete

"Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live."

Posts: 403 | Location: Emeryville, CA | Registered: 24 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Marlin tang needs to be drilled and tapped for any tang sight. I checked this out before attempting to buy the same rifle and found that everyone, including the distributors, is on backorder. Hope yours comes through relatively soon.

Posts: 733 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
According to the info it is for the 1895. Is the CB version really different?
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote