New
Find
Notify
Tools

7x30 Waters
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I recently acquired a Model 94 angle eject in 7x30 Waters. It has the long barrel(24 inches) and appears to be in at least 90% condition. The is nicely figured and there seems to be minimal is any scratches. The blueing seems to be factory fresh. The barrel and rifling are immaculate. Can someone give me a ballpark figure on what it may be worth? Thanks in advance, Jerry Hoover

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have the same gun, I bought it in 1991 for $289. Now they seem to be worth $800-1000.

I do love it, I got my first deer with it, my first buck with it, and my daughter got her first deer with it 23 years later.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one in my Contender Carbine.A mighty fine cartridge. Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Neat caliber and I have seen them at local gun shows for $500 to as much as $650...but always keep in mind that firearms values are geographic in nature, and what one sells for in Filer Idaho, would normally bring twice that much in Dallas, Texas..so check out your local gun stores and gun nuts.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41970 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My wife actually has one of those brand new in the box.... She had it when I met her. She went into a gun store and bought it herself on her 18th birthday...picked it out because her father is a lever action Winchester guy and that's the only rifle to hunt with. She didn't care about the caliber, but picked this one out because it had 'pretty' wood Smiler.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1174 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jerry, Does your rifle have a half cock hammer, or is it rebounding? I know that the very first 94ae xtr big bore rifle had the half cock hammer.

Posts: 310 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 01 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The rifle is at the gunsmiths being checked out before I shoot it. I do not have a lot of confidence in the previous owner for reasons I will not discuss. But if my memory serve,it does have a half cock. When I get it back,I will PM you with all the details. If it works out as I expect it should make a good hog and javelina rifle. Jerry Hoover

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lethe rifle checked out OK. It does not appear to have a half cock feature, but there is an extension on the hammer itself. This is the first Model 94 I have ever had and frankly I am excited to play with it. It currently has POS Tasco on it and that will go ASAP. Does anyone need a tomato stake? It is yours for free! I did order 40 rounds of factory ammo to see how it shoots after I put a decent scope on it. Time will tell and more later. Jerry Hoover. It ain't the way it used to be, but it will do!