New
Find
Notify
Tools

94 Trapper???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Where can I find a big loop lever. What are they "officially" called?

./l ,[___],
l--L=OlllllO=
O_) O_)~-)_)
If at first you don't succeed,,,failure may be your thing!!!

Posts: 198 | Location: Yuma, Arizona | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 'big loop' was available as a spare part, but I got mine from a guy who owned what was called a "Wrangler", a short run of 18" carbines with the enlarged loop. They came out shortly after the 'John Wayne' commemorative. He didn't want the big loop, I did, and the deal was made.
If you can find one, they will drop straight in. Catch is, they only work on the 30/30 size rim.
Best of luck finding one!

Cheers, Dave.

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. beer

./l ,[___],
l--L=OlllllO=
O_) O_)~-)_)
If at first you don't succeed,,,failure may be your thing!!!

Posts: 198 | Location: Yuma, Arizona | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine suggested Old Western Scrounger, might be worth a try?

Cheers, Dave.

Cheers, Dave.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My .44 Wrangler is a 16", and says that on the paper & box end.

John
Retired husband & grandpa

"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt

Posts: 87 | Location: On permanent vacation in the South West  | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, I have seen those ones too, but these 'wranglers' were mid '80s (pre angle eject) production. Definately 18" bbls, said so on the end of the box, and it was right between my Trapper and my 20" standard carbine, when laid out alongside each other.
They came out just after the 'John Wayne' commemorative, and the 'big loop' was listed as a spare part, in the exploded parts diagram that was in the booklet that came with the rifle.
They also had some crappy looking impressed "engraving" of a western scene on the slab sides. Very tacky looking.
So they were going cheap, as no-one was buying them. I ended up getting one as a spare 'loaner' pig gun (took the large loop of it and fitted a standard one, after a John wayne fan tried the spinning the rifle reload trick with a loaded gun. I think he still wonders why I never ask him out hunting anymore!

Jason, if I find the spare large loop, do you want it? keep in mind, they only work with 30/30 size cartridge heads.

Cheers, Dave.

Cheers, Dave.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave,
Thanks, I remember when that commemorative came out, but not the Trappers you're talking about. And otherwise, the top ejects have some fun actions.

John
Retired husband & grandpa

"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt

Posts: 87 | Location: On permanent vacation in the South West  | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
Jim Brockman might have one?

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jason, I found the spare one, PM me if you want it.

Cheers, Dave

Cheers, Dave.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 45 LC trapper and put a large loop on it. Its works fine and love it. And I will flip load the first shell, no spinnning though.

Posts: 132 | Location: MA | Registered: 30 December 2004Reply With Quote