New
Find
Notify
Tools

22's got a favorite
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
the older i get the more i enjoy shooting the 22's, no mess, quiet, no loading, just go shoot and have fun. see any favorites

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My trusty old Ruger 10/22 bone stock nad deadly. I can't even imagine how many shots have gone down that barrel it 25 years of constant service. Still a tack driver.
My little hide out piece is a NAA single action 5 shot. I shoot it a lot to and love it!
MM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.../watch?v=qVQc386js7g

www.setfreesoldiers.com
www.soldiermade.com

Montana Maddness
Set Free Ministries MT.

7 days with out meat makes one Weak!

Posts: 422 | Location: Fort Benton MT. and in the wind! | Registered: 06 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice 22 arsenal......
You have some interesting rifles there.

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice Browning auto. The A.Hole pollies here collected autos like that and mashed them.

Always had a soft spot for slide action .22's also. Used a Browning and Remington at times.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
They are fun aren't they. I have a CZ special that is a wonderful practice gun, along with an old Winchester pump. Just added a CZ 452 in 17 HM2.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16426 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You've got 3 of the ones I have.
Browning Auto, mine is a standard 1950 vintage. My dad bought for me when I was 2.
Marlin 39A mine a mountie, 1st gun I ever bought myself.
Kimber classic varmit.

Posts: 305 | Location: on the praire and liken it | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have quite a few .22's......but my favorites of the entire collection are the Winchester 52's.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
great collection I only have one, that way i don't have to choose which one I want to take with me. but i wouldn't complain if I had a collection like that Smiler

Posts: 115 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 25 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Me too, I love to hunt Jack Rabbits with my 22s

I just completed a Winchester M-63 custom with all the bells and whistles and am in the process of making another just like it..

Added a quarter rib, barrel band swivel, barrel band front sight, Talley peep sight on the quarter rib that can be swapped off of 7/8" rings and the 2.5X Leupold Alaskan scope. Stocked in exhibition Russian Circasian walnut from oldworldwalnut.com has cresent butt, egg cheek piece and loads in the butt as opposed to the side of the stock...

The next one will have a pistol grip and a modified Bisen type butt with a longer stock which will require lengthening the loading magazine..

I also shoot a Rem 12-C pump carbine with old Redfield bases and rings with a 3/4" J-4 Weaver scope on it.

Another great little 22 is the old Brno bolt action rifles.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41894 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll cast my vote for Sako Finnfire and a older Savage/Anschutz .

I have a mild build Ruger 10/22 fun, but not in the same league.

One of Us
Picture of Wheelchair Bandit
posted Hide Post
A very tough question for me,as I'm a huge rimfire fan.A couple immediatley come to mind-

A Winchester 74 22 Short only,made in 1939 (first year production).I put a Weaver K4 on it in a Weaver sidemount.It will shoot .25 inch for five at 25 yards from a sitting position,with CCI CB Shorts.

A Savage/Anschutz 164 Sporter in 22 Magnum.Light,attractive and incredibly accurate.I don't think I've ever missed a shot on game with it,and I've killed a bunch.

A Savage Model 24 in 22 LR over a 410 shotgun barrel.Mine is the older model with the button selector,and it is wearing a Williams Foolproof reciver peep on it.Way more accurate than it should be.Probably the best gray squirrel rifle ever made.

Honarable mention goes to a Browning ATD and a Remington 241,both in 22 Short only.

WB.

"It's frustrating that we have callers to C-SPAN that know more about what's going on than Larry King, and more about economics than Obama and McCain combined."-Rush Limbaugh

Posts: 50 | Location: Obviously you're not a golfer | Registered: 22 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Winchester 1890 that belonged to my Granfather.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 1956 BRNO Model 2. Always shot .5 MOA, probably still does except I'm not that good anymore. Mad

Posts: 1224 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAL:
Nice Browning auto. The A.Hole pollies here collected autos like that and mashed them.

Always had a soft spot for slide action .22's also. Used a Browning and Remington at times.

Did you have to remind me? CRYBABY

Posts: 1224 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote