THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RIMFIRE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Rim Fire Rifles & Pistols    Problems with volquartsen trigger in Ruger MKIII

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problems with volquartsen trigger in Ruger MKIII
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My MkIII keeps following through until I have adjusted the trigger to where it has quite a bit of travel and is quite heavy. I am shooting CCI Pistol Match which has less felt recoil than other brands. Could it be that I am on the edge of the ammo not completely cycling the action or just keep trying to tweek it? I hate having to keep adjusting and fiddling.

Thanks,
Telly

Posts: 163 | Location: Vincennes, IN | Registered: 29 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of redial
posted Hide Post
Try it with some HV ammo after setting the trigger where you like it. It may be as simple as just switching to another ammo, rather than fiddling with the settings.

Mark

"Greatness without Grace is mere Vanity" - Hank the Cowdog

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you find that your cycling problems are due to lower recoil impulse ammo you might get a second recoil spring [non hammer spring] and change to it when you want to shoot the lower powered ammo.

Back in the day I had 2 springs for my 1911 AC Bullseye gun.

One for Wadcutters[light target loads] and one for Hardball, full power 230gr loads.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I emailed volquartsen and they told me to send the frame to them, which I did. In less time than it takes to tell, it was back and working great with nice crisp let off. No charge either! My hat's off to them.

Telly

Posts: 163 | Location: Vincennes, IN | Registered: 29 January 2004Reply With Quote