Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

H & R pistol
 Login/Join

posted
I just purchased a pistol from a individual.
It has 2 cylinders 22 magnum & 22 long rifle.
It seems to be in very nice condition, I've been trying to research H & R Some one told me it's part of ruger?
I've found a H&R pistol , part of Marlin , but all they make is H&R starting pistols.
I also ended up with a 28" O/U 12 gauge, all it says is "Made in Brazil"

Thanks Bill Wallace

Posts: 1 | Location: Texas | Registered: 24 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Get a Gun Traders Guide or Blue Book of Gun Values and look up the old Harrington & Richardson handgun line and you'll probably find your revolver. They made several different styles of double action 22 LR/22 WMR 6-shot revolvers over the years.

The new H&R (or H&R 1871) company is, I believe, owned by Marlin. They have a nice line of affordable H&R and NEF (New England Firearms) branded long guns but do not to my knowledge offer any of the old Harrington & Richardson handguns.

Good luck. -WSJ

Posts: 300 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your H & R is a number of years old and the company (name brand) has had several incarnations since then.

The old H & R revolvers were a bit "clunky", but they were fairly well-made and very serviceable. As I recall they were all-steel and machined. I'll bet you bought it worth the money and it's a pretty good shooter.

Your 12 gauge is likely a Boito. They are very economical entry-level over/unders, but to my knowledge they are fairly reliable.

Posts: 13235 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote