New
Find
Notify
Tools

Henry Lever Youth model
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just ordered a Henry Lever action youth model for my grandson's birthday. They seem economical, despite having a real walnut stock and outwardly well-finished appearance. I assume that the receiver is aluminum. This is a "kid" gun and doesn't have to meet "match grade" standards, but I'm wondering what experience anyone has had with the Henry's.

Posts: 13236 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No one has one of these? How about the same model with the full length stock and barrel?

Posts: 13236 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Dad has several of them and they are definitely OK. Would be a good choice for a kid. Aluminum receiver and plastic barral ring but seem to shoot fine and hold up to ranch truck carriage and NO cleaning OK.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36643 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
Late reply? I haven't been on in a couple of weeks. I have the .22lr and .22 magnum. Good guns, decent accuracy, I heard that they have gone to a metal barrel ring and front sight. The metal parts are available from Henry. You and your grandson should have a great time with it.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys.

My dealer's wholesale cost was about $220, or less than some hotels have the gall to demand of you these days for a lumpy bed and two scratchy towels. So I figured it was well worth giving a try.