New
Find
Notify
Tools

22 WMR Non Lead Ammo
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have a source for a box or two of 22 WMR non lead green ammo. I just bought a Winchester 61 that is eager to shoot some ground squirrels in the California condor zone but all I have is lead ammo. Stupid CA regs!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LB:
Anyone have a source for a box or two of 22 WMR non lead green ammo. I just bought a Winchester 61 that is eager to shoot some ground squirrels in the California condor zone but all I have is lead ammo. Stupid CA regs!!!

I don't know about 22 WMR, but there is a non-lead tin composition for 22 LR made by WInchester. I shot some of it in a 513T, accuracy wasn't match-grade. There is going to be some heartburn in 2019 when we'll be prohibited from using lead for hunting with 22 LR.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14392 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CCI / Speer has a line of green bullets for the 22 mag. I don't know if anyone has anything for the 17 HMR.

Posts: 1016 | Location: Happy Valley, Utah | Registered: 13 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Winchester CCI and Hornady all make non lead 22 WMR ammunition. Just can't find any on the market. I've checked online, in local stores, etc.