New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger .22 lr
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I went to a gun store and noticed a "Ruger M77" .22 lr with a tasco scope for $530. Is this the same rifle as the "77/22" as advertised on the Ruger website? What I'm asking is if the "M77" .22 lr is the same thing as the "77/22" .22 lr? I seem to be having problems finding the "M77" .22 lr on google but no problems finding "17/22" .22 lr there. Thanks.

Posts: 64 | Location: Lowcountry, SC | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep, same thing, and just about the same for the 77-22 Hornet 77-17HMR etc etc.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Shooter973
posted Hide Post
I have a couple different ones of these fine rifles and they are great!! clap All are the 22LR caliber. The Target grey with laminated stock is the most acurate rifle I've ever shot!! thumb And the Blued/walnut is pretty good also. I have a Stainless/boat paddle stocked one on layaway right now that I found new in the box for $430 and couldn't pass it up. Eeker If it's anything like the others it will be one of the best rifles again!!! wave Made some incredable shots with these rifles!! Eeker

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posts: 347 | Location: Ogden, Utah (Home of John M. Browning) | Registered: 08 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of holzauge
posted Hide Post
The little stainless Ruger 77/22 with a 20" brl. and ugly plastic stock I bought in 1994 has proven indestructable and very accurate. That is once I replaced the stock trigger with an inexpensive Traister and found what it liked to shoot. Off the bench it shoots Ely subsonic hollow pt.s or CCI mini-mag +V hollow pt.s to 1/2" or less at 50 yrds. It's a light, handy, highly effective squirrel gun.

Sei wach!

Posts: 621 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: 06 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I honestly haven't had much luck with accuracy with mine. But, it's such a looker! And it still shoots better than I do! I love .22's that appear as big bores...and in my opinion the 77/22 and Browning A-Bolt .22 both did a wonderful job of that.

Too much is just right!