New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kart 1911 conversion
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just bought a 1911 at a local gun show. It was built on a Fed Ord frame, and utilizes a Kart conversion kit. It just looked well executed and promises to be a good shooter.
I can't find much on these kits, and was hoping a kind hearted RKI could fill me in a bit.

Posts: 1978 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Karts are very well made and quality...I had one that was std length slide instead of the longer target version....they and ALMOST all conversions are picky about ammo.....you have to check to find if standard or high velocity works better or at all...full weight bullets and you have to keep the chamber clean and dry.....and same for the mags......the Kart was accurate and matched my Gold Cup for quick-cheaper pratice but I traded the combo off together.....they need a breaking in period to get smooth fuction.....had other brands that did the same picky ammo and fuction problems....hth...good luck and good shooting!!

bigdaddytacp

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of K9 Bandit
posted Hide Post
I used a Kart for years and it was really unreliable right out of the box. After the break in period, it became the best conversion I had. I have had Colt conversions and Cieners,too.

"capturing bin Laden is not a top priority use of American resources"
Bush, September 06

"Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be here somewhere."
"Maybe under here?"
Bush, March 04

Posts: 1025 | Location: Jacksonville | Registered: 15 July 2008Reply With Quote