New
Find
Notify
Tools

mounts for a Marlin .22 rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just bought a used marlin .22 and it only has a dovetailed rail no the top of the action to mount a scope. It isn't drilled or tapped. I was wondering what type of rings I should get for this rifle? I will be using a Nikon prostaff (i think) 4x32 scope on it. I was looking at maybe the burris signature rings for this type of base. What do you think?
Thanks,
Ruck

Ruck

Posts: 203 | Location: Southwestern, va | Registered: 30 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
The Burris are very nice, high quality. Check this website out; http://www.redfield-mounts.com/rings.asp

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Esldude
posted Hide Post
Not knocking the Redfields, but a bit pricey.

www.bkltech.com look for the #257 rings. They will work, are very good, and not too expensive.

http://www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?catego...tem=257-A&type=store

This place Sinclair international also has them. Word is Sinclair is faster to ship in recent months. BKL apparently is doing lots of business.

Posts: 852 | Location: USA | Registered: 01 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ruck:
I was looking at maybe the burris signature rings for this type of base. What do you think?
Thanks,
Ruck

I use Burris steel rings on a Marlin 60, which shoots into 1/2" at 50 yards with one brand of ammunition.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14368 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote