THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RIMFIRE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Rim Fire Rifles & Pistols    .22 Magnum, ammunition selection (Pic added)

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.22 Magnum, ammunition selection (Pic added)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted
I have been fortunate to encounter and obtain two .22 magnum rifles which appear to have excellent accuracy potential. One a standard Ruger 10/22 M the other a Volquartzen deluxe model. So in the quest for accuracy I have been trying various loads and am wondering just what is acceptable performance levels? There in lies the question.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of rjrobb
posted Hide Post
I have a 10/22M with a standard barrel, a Volquartsen 920 bull, and a 17HMR barrel, I swap out as the notion hits me. I also have a custom 13" Contender 22 Mag barrel.

By far, all like the Winchester Supremes, most like the Remington Premiers, and CCI MaxiMag HPs. The standard 10/22M barrel also likes the Federal 50gr HPs.

All do not shoot the Win Dynapoints worth a crap. The rest of the ammo offerings fall somewhere in between.

Joe

Posts: 411 | Location: CO | Registered: 05 June 2003Reply With Quote