New
Find
Notify
Tools

Krico .22 WMR
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
It is really a shame that Krico is no longer producing rifles. Their guns exhibited some true old world quality.

I recently came across a Krico bolt action in .22 WMR at an attractive price. Didn't really need another .22 Magnum, but, hey, you don't turn down a quality rifle at a good price just because you "don't really need it"!

Mounted a Leupold 2-7 Freedom on it, and after bore sighting I needed just one shot at 50 yards to put the zero where I wanted it.

Next I moved to the 100 yard target, where I don't usually expect much from a rimfire of any type. Wow! Was I surprised when three shots went into the center of the bull with a spread of .46". "Must be a fluke" I thought, so I moved over to the next bull and rapidly fired three more. These spread out to almost three-quarters of an inch, again, center of the bull.

The ammunition was Hornady 30 grain V-Max, of which I happen to have a good supply, so this will be my "starting" rifle when I go for ground squirrels in a few weeks.

Posts: 13232 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote