aquila match ammo
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
any one used aquila match ammo in 22 lr, if so what did you think of it. thanks

One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
It shot well. After buying a brick to test with I bought a case, at the time it was $300. CCI Standard Velocity was around $230 then, six years ago maybe?

Anyhow, I bought the Match Rifle ammo and shot it in both rifles and pistols. The last price I saw was $500 or $550. I would have no qualms about buying and shooting it for anything.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A shooter gave me a box for my 10-22 custom. It shot lights out. I bought a brick for $13.and it is still on the shelf. I gave the rifle with scope to a friend. I really need to give him the brock of ammo also.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
local shop has some, i guess i,ll have to try it. thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
I brought some Aquila had 70% misfires never again.

That was years ago hopefully their QC has improved.

But I well not be buying any to find out.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
More for me then. All of my Aguila is Eley primed.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I bought a brick for $13.and it is still on the shelf

Doesn't sound like you need a lot.

I brought 10,000 rounds before the rush, just for practice, down to my last 2000.

Normally when it was readily available hundreds of rounds went down range on a weekly basis.

I am wondering when I am going to be able replace it.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I keep a running order with Killough Shooting Sports for rimfire ammo. If Dan is out, he puts me on the list and ships when he gets more. I did buy that particular brick some time ago to get the $13 price.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought 2 bricks of the Aguila match in black boxes and 2 bricks that came in blue boxes with some gimmicky printing. At the time, I was shooting in a prone league; 50 yards, 50 meters & 100 yards. The Aguila stuff scored as well as the Wolf or Wolf Match Extra, not quite as well as Eley Club Extra. If the price was right, I would buy more.

Posts: 111 | Location: Humboldt County, California | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Last year I opened my 4th 5,000 round case of Aquila Standard Velocity ammo. I shot it in NRA Bullseye competition and practice. Bought several cases for our pistol club and Shriners every year.

Accuracy was equivalent to CCI Green Tag.

I was buying direct from the importer who was located in Helotes, TX. Then they decided you had to be an Aquila dealer and I would be in conflict with previous established dealers.

Craftsman

Posts: 1536 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
at 50ft who can tell, at 100 yds grouped better than Fed 711b or T22.

Posts: 6405 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote