Find
Notify
Tools

Tom Knapp's .22 auto
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
I've seen some video of Benelli's exhibition shooter Tom Knapp shooting a European .22 auto in some of his demonstrations. I can't put a make/model on this rifle, anybody know what it is?

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll try to remember to ask his brother John in the morning.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Butch. I think it was a BRNO, and the way the oranges and stuff were exploding I wonder if it was a .22 Magnum (611?).

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anschutz

Posts: 590 | Location: Georgia pine country | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was a .22 magnum, the cartridges were in clear view at one time of his exhibition. Did you note he fires 50,000 rounds a year?

Posts: 1068 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got an e-mail from Brother John. It is a highly engraved Brno 22mag that was given to him by the Brno factory on one of his many trips to Europe. John still says he can out shoot his brother Tom.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From the forum on the Tom Knapp website: " The rifle was the BRNO (Czech) Model 611 chambered for the .22 rimfire magnum. I was using the new Federal 30 gr. wide-mouth hollow-point in their most recent Premium line (over 2000 fps)." Hope this helps.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Brno it is ,I was mistaken. Several years ago I saw him fishing with Bill Dance, and he was shooting fishing lures out of the sky with an Anschutz auto. However I have only seen him with shotguns lately.He is an incredible shooter

Posts: 590 | Location: Georgia pine country | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote