Find
Notify
Tools

ruger 10-22 differences
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of gunz
posted
I am wanting to buy a ruger 10-22 and customize it with a match barrell and alot of other goodies. I have a few 22s but want one great 22 rifle. My question is are they all manufactured the same, I see them in Wal mart and in high end sporting good stores. If I am wanting to have it custom would it matter which one I started with? Thanks in advance.

Most people are link slinkies, Basically useless but fun to push down the stairs.

Posts: 265 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of the 10.22. If you want one to build, buy the basic blue model. You'll be swapping out the barrel and stock, so those don't matter. I have a stainless/synthetic model that I have left stock, except for a Volq. sear and bolt buffer. It wears a Weaver 2-7X RF scope. I really like that rifle - light, compact, robust, and as accurate as I am shooting offhand. I shot it today and put 50+ rounds into a 3 inch circle at 50 yards. That's standing, not from a bench. You might want to check out www.rimfirecentral.com.

Posts: 68 | Location: Dayton, OH USA | Registered: 05 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
The first response is on the money. Any or the models will give you the same basic action. Pick the color of your choice (blue or silver) and get on with it. I must personally recommend the Lilja heavy barrel as Dan's barrels are beyond your dreams accurate. Federal 711B or 900B 5 shot .2's at 50 yards on a regular basis. That said by all means go to rimfire central and determine what you need. Then consider a Cooper bolt gun. In the end I think the Cooper is a much better investment in your time and money! A semi .22 LR is a must, but precise equiptment and go to the grave quality they aren't. Get both.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go to www.rimfirecentral.com and check out the buy or sell/classifieds. Check out Swampfox's 10/22. All the stuff done for you, highly accurate, good lookin and a great price. Also, if you want to learn anything about accurizing or customizing a 10/22, again go to rimfirecentral.com. Great site for rimfire lovers and esp 10/22 nuts.
choke

quote:
Originally posted by gunz:
I am wanting to buy a ruger 10-22 and customize it with a match barrell and alot of other goodies. I have a few 22s but want one great 22 rifle. My question is are they all manufactured the same, I see them in Wal mart and in high end sporting good stores. If I am wanting to have it custom would it matter which one I started with? Thanks in advance.

Posts: 467 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 27 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yaoughtachoke:
Go to www.rimfirecentral.com and check out the buy or sell/classifieds. Check out Swampfox's 10/22. All the stuff done for you, highly accurate, good lookin and a great price. Also, if you want to learn anything about accurizing or customizing a 10/22, again go to rimfirecentral.com. Great site for rimfire lovers and esp 10/22 nuts.
choke

quote:
Originally posted by gunz:

that's great advice there... i'd take it if i was you!!!!!! i've seen that rifle swampfox is trying to sell and just wish my budget wasn't so tight right now......

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll second the advice above; the 10/22 is a dream to customize. I had bought the basic carbine model, and though it was accurate, now the only thing still stock on it is the receiver, bolt, and half the trigger assembly. Just finished putting a heavy barrel and new scope on it, so now it's off to the range to sight in....Good luck!! Big Grin

Posts: 119 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: 05 December 2005Reply With Quote