THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RIMFIRE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Rim Fire Rifles & Pistols    Improving rimfire hunting ammunition.........

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Improving rimfire hunting ammunition.........
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
http://www.gunblast.com/Paco.htm

Next on my shopping list, a Paco Kelly tool that looks easy to do & inexpensive....r in s.

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why not just go with a 17 HM2? You can buy a Green Mountain barrel and convert any Ruger 10/22 for around $100+/-. The Eley 17 HM2 ammo is excellent and typically sells for less than the lower grades of Eley and RWS 22 LR ammo.

As a small game hunting round, the 17 HM2 has it all over the 22 LR, even when you use Paco's tools to improve the bullet shape. The 17 HM2's flat trajectory makes hitting small targets out to 100+/- yards an easy shot with a good rifle and scope.

Jeff

Posts: 993 | Location: Omaha, NE, USA | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
25,000 rounds 22 long rifle ammunition on hand.

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Neil Waltz makes a die that goes in a standard press that does the same thing with alot more control, and different inserts. I would advise anyone considering a 10/17 do alot of research before, because they blow up. Lot's of out of battery booms with all kinds. I have 2 HM2's and 4k of ammo for them, so I am not bashing them, just ANY semi-auto chambered in them.

Posts: 656 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 06 January 2007Reply With Quote