New
Find
Notify
Tools

sectional density thread,medium bores Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Paul H

I hope I wasnt out of line with a bit of selfpolicing. Check my statements and if I am out of line I will apologize to all

I was just fed up with their behavior.

SSR
Sean S Russell

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of someoldguy
posted Hide Post
Since I didn't know who was referring to whom among those who were complaining, I assumed I was also one of the "offenders" in those couple of threads that Cross L mentioned. So I got a little hot under the collar myself. My apologies also. I love this forum and have learned a lot.

Glenn

Posts: 942 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 16 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of someoldguy
posted Hide Post
Well, CrossL, we probably gave 'em some food for thought, I guess. I've put the offenders on ignore and left the SD and Momentum threads behind. I'm here to enjoy myself and to learn, not to argue or to put up with anyone's childish behavior.

But I'll still be in michael458's Terminal Ballistics thread for sure!

Glenn

one of us
posted Hide Post
This addresses the posts above as well as Lord Frith in another thread.
Your irritation and criticisms are noted. I sincerely hope you are reading because I ask for a workable solution.

Lord Frith,

The history of Chris Bekker's (Warrior and Truvelloshooter) agenda against GSC predates your, someoldguy and Cross L's combined membership here.

Thanks for the advice, I see your frustration and I understand lashing out.

Hiring an attorney is not an option. Been there, done that. Warrior is expressing an "opinion" on an International Forum. I can get an injunction and, apart from the cost of getting it, it must then be enforced. Apart from the cost of enforcement, which is more than what we turn over in a year, this would mean serving it on Saeed and this is something I will not do. So, for GSC and myself, it is a matter of assessing the extent of the damage that Warrior is doing and engaging in damage control.

Your second option, letting it go, is not an option. Just above my second reply to Gatogordo, which you quoted, is this, and now I address everyone who dislikes these exchanges:
quote:
Give me a solution that works and I will take it up in a heartbeat. Ignoring him (Warrior) does not work because he escalates his misinformation to a level where, showing him up for the buffoon that he is, is the lesser of two evils. When pushed, he has confessed to strong ties to another manufacturer. So, tell me what the solution is, because I have tried ignoring him (he just continues lying and presenting bad information about GSC), reasonable discussion (he refuses to take part), taking it offline (he refuses, because his agenda is public slander) and ridicule (but he does not follow and comprehend it). So what do you see as a solution?

I know that my replies to Warrior are seen in a bad light by many and, in that respect, Warrior is succeeding in his agenda of damage to GSC and our products. Regrettably, it is the lesser of two evils because, leaving him unchecked, does more damage. Besides, I am not a wuss and will not be insulted by anyone, least of all by Warrior.

Note that I never start a scrap, I only react.

The regrettable factor is that Warrior succeeds in his agenda regardless. If I leave him be, he continues to fabricate lies and "problems" with GSC product that damages us. He does not stop and he has demonstrated this adequately. If I point out his agenda and show him up for what he really is, Lord Frith, someoldguy, Cross L and many others become irritated with both of us. I sincerely regret this but, it remains the lesser of two evils.

There is not a man alive who would tolerate what Warrior does. Would you?

While on the subject of banning, it could be a solution:

1. Warrior used to post as Truvelloshooter when he first came here about five years ago. He was banned for making racist comments in the PF. He snuck back with another name, lied about who he really is but has refrained from crass racist comment since then, although he has come close. His agenda of damage to GSC remains as before.

2. I will be happy if both Warrior and myself are banned from AR. It could be a good solution. It will save me much time in dealing with him and with posts like this. It will prevent Warrior from spreading lies and untruths about GSC. Balanced against the smaller worthwhile time input I give here, it makes sense to me.

3. However: How does one prevent him from sneaking back under another name and continuing?

I have proven beyond doubt in this thread that he Googles what he presents and is a con artist of note. Examine the content of his thread on the Optics forum carefully and make an objective assessment. That is just one example.

So, what is the solution?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gerard,

Thanks for the note. As I stated earlier eliminating bad behavior is quite simple, not easy. I have been a teacher off and on since 1971 and one thing I learned early on and which served me well was to ignore bad behavior and the little beast will starve. What is wanted is attention and the beast cares not from where or what kind of attention it gets. It needs to feed. Starve the creature.

This can be passed to all AR members and once the feeding stops so will the unwanted behavior

Being banned from AR would not serve either of you well.

I am sure GSC has great products and with that disclosure the products and customer service provided will more than compensate for one person bad-mouthing. Take care of your loyal followers and they will take care of you. Put Warrior on your ignore list.

Other than what I have presented I have no solution. You could try a 3 word reply to Warrior- "You are right." (not correct)-and be heard from no more. I am not saying you are not correct or are you. Just let him feel he is right. Again you are not saying what he is right about. could be politics or spaghetti. Who cares? Don't know if that would work, but.... Think about this a while in several conversations you can have with yourself. You might be surprised. Ask: "How would I react if Warrior posted those 3 words to me and disappeared?" When I say "disappear" I mean no response on any forum.It would be tantamount to crushing him with a few key strokes. Win the battle with kindness.

Please, do not let this consume you. The physical and mental energy you devote to this "fight' could be so much better used elsewhere in your business and personal life. R&D and product testing simply has to be more enjoyable than squabbling with a nobody.

I have re-thought my previously stated-in-haste position of taking your company off my bullet purchasing radar. Just need my Lott back from Duane Wiebe. Do not bug him to build you a rifle just yet, he has a 3 year backlog at present. All he is doing for me is changing out a bolt handle. Chuckle.

The only thing a lie or untruth can be supported with is another lie or untruth. These pile up quickly and only fall in one direction.

Stephen, in the Pacific Northwet

Posts: 538 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: 14 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of someoldguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
This addresses the posts above as well as Lord Frith in another thread.
Your irritation and criticisms are noted. I sincerely hope you are reading because I ask for a workable solution.

No problems here, Gerard. I believe that I've separated the chaff from the wheat.

tu2

Glenn

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let your product & customers speak for you.

For the most part hunters don't purchase sectional density (not that it is ignored); they purchase bullets that are proven game killers & your product has the recommendation of several AR participants.

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Frith:
Gerard,

I am sure GSC has great products and with that disclosure the products and customer service provided will more than compensate for one person bad-mouthing. Take care of your loyal followers and they will take care of you.Please, do not let this consume you. The physical and mental energy you devote to this "fight' could be so much better used elsewhere in your business and personal life.
Stephen, in the Pacific Northwet

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Frith:
You could try a 3 word reply to Warrior- "You are right." (not correct)-and be heard from no more. I am not saying you are not correct or are you. Just let him feel he is right. Again you are not saying what he is right about. could be politics or spaghetti. Who cares?
Most ridiculous concept I've seen in a very long time, which would be a HUGE LIE. And then follow with:
quote:
...The only thing a lie or untruth can be supported with is another lie or untruth. ...
You really have no concept of what this warrior fool is doing. Pitiful and Pathetic!

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I take it from the FOOL that it comes from.

Warrior

Posts: 2273 | Location: South of the Zambezi | Registered: 31 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
damn it there you two go again

It doesnt matter whether or not either one is right--just stop the pissing matches or go to hell.

I will repeat my offers--

#1 meet in Jo'berg and figure it out. I will sell tickets for the fight -profits to a charity

#2 If you are offended by me I plan on being in RSA this oct-nov. I will stand the tab and we can settle whatever we need to however we need to

Now both of you learn manners

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cross L,

Count me in, I will be there.
Also, bring Hot Core along.

Warrior

Posts: 2273 | Location: South of the Zambezi | Registered: 31 January 2007Reply With Quote