New
Find
Notify
Tools

New PM flashing icon Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted
the new PM icon keeps flashing on the header bar and i can't get rid of it, no matter how many times i refresh the screen. HELP.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13169 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
PLEASE, when posting a help request, look at the open threads for the same issue. This question gets asked almost every month and the answers are right below this in a thread.

Clear your cookies in your personal zone profile.

Don

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
thanks, Don. my bad for not researching the problem/answer.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13169 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but it didn't always do that. It used to turn off as soon as you read your new PM, this business is a pretty recent development. Something obviously broke.

I don't have to clear cookies in my email to get messages I've read to unbold themselves each time I read one, I shouldn't have to do this every time I read a PM.

What happened, and why can't/won't you fix it?

Posts: 1138 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 07 September 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by montea6b:
Yeah, but it didn't always do that. It used to turn off as soon as you read your new PM, this business is a pretty recent development. Something obviously broke.

I don't have to clear cookies in my email to get messages I've read to unbold themselves each time I read one, I shouldn't have to do this every time I read a PM.

What happened, and why can't/won't you fix it?

There is nothing wrong with our software.

Don

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine is working great------

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Somebody shoot me a test PM... please.

Posts: 1138 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 07 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's working again now, must have been a temporary hangup.

posted Hide Post
montea6b,

Next time you think the flashing PM icon is not working, try using a different browser on your device. The cookies will be different in each browser, so if it works 'incorrectly' on one but correctly on the other, you'll know it is a browser cookies issue.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks George, I had thought of that already and I know that during a period of a month or so while it was on continuously, and before I sought help, I checked it from my work PC, smart phone, and at least one (possibly two) home PCs. I didn't think about clearing cookies, but was hoping one computer would trip it off.