New
Find
Notify
Tools

Changing the font color Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted
I don't see that orange color too well - it's hard to read. Is there a way to change it to plain black letters?

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Waiting on you, Don.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
Which font color. Orange is all over the site. Are you say ALL orange??????

What WOULD you prefer? Black is not an option as all clickable links are usually a different color by internet protocol.

Don

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All of the orange on white, or any light background, lacks sufficient contrast for me.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
Well here is the problem, it would take time encoding changes on every single individual forum.

I'm sorry your eyes can't see the orange on white, but after 14 years it's pretty far down the road to start changing the colors on ALL of the pages.

How do you like the blue on the links instead? If I find some spare time (I do work) I'll peck away at other pages.

Don

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I can't focus on the blue. looks blurry to me. pb because I'm partially color blind.

Posts: 6415 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRG:

How do you like the blue on the links instead?
Don

Well, since you asked..... I personally don't like the blue at all.

I would prefer to go back to the same color scheme that has seemed to work well for years.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Yes, the blue color is a little easier for me to see than the orange color. It seems to have less eye strain. Plain black would be better yet.

However, being only semi-literate about computer settings, I was originally intending to ask if there was a way that I could change it on my computer [only] - I wasn't thinking about it changing for others that are satisfied with the orange. Evidently it doesn't work that way.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
I bet there is a way in firefox to change link colors, but I'm afraid that's not in my skill set.

I've gone back to the original settings.

It's very hard to please everyone.

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If there was ever a truism, it is that you can't please everyone. I did not realize the involement it would take and then others might just say they preferred the orange.
I appreciate the thought and by the way Alabama beat Georgia, or did you know?