New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggestion for hunts offered forum? Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted
How about all advertisers offering lion hunts are required to state categorically whether the lion on offer is or is not captive bred, how long (if captive bred) before it has been released into the area & whether the area is fenced or not?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

How about just leaving a blurb at the top of the Outfitters Offered and Discounted Hunts page? The blurb should be recommending that all members looking for a lion hunt ask the agent or safari operator marketing the lion the questions Steve brought up.

Personally I don't care if someone shoots a captive bred lion or not but I think prospective lion hunters should know up front what they are buying.

The other side of this is that I feel there are very few people buying one of these short and relatively inexpensive lion hunts in RSA that really does not know the difference between one of these hunts and a lion hunt in the Selous, the Luangwa or Zambezi Valley.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12912 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Guys,

How about just leaving a blurb at the top of the Outfitters Offered and Discounted Hunts page? The blurb should be recommending that all members looking for a lion hunt ask the agent or safari operator marketing the lion the questions Steve brought up.

Personally I don't care if someone shoots a captive bred lion or not but I think prospective lion hunters should know up front what they are buying.

The other side of this is that I feel there are very few people buying one of these short and relatively inexpensive lion hunts in RSA that really does not know the difference between one of these hunts and a lion hunt in the Selous, the Luangwa or Zambezi Valley.

Mark

I think you'd be surprised at how many buy these shoots without realising what they're buying.

I also think you're making a mistake thinking such shoots are restricted to RSA my friend....... All you've got to do to see how many people are unaware is read the hunt reports here and elsewhere....... especially elsewhere. Wink