Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to mark threads read??????? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I have been trying to figure out how to mark threads read when I am logged in so it would be easier to find out where I left off on the previous visit.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 344 | Location: Bean Town in the worthless nut state | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'm not quite sure what you mean.

You can click the 'Find' button, followed by clicking the 'new since your last visit' link to see what's been posted in your absence.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On some of the forums I visit there is a function that will mark forums as read. Some by just clicking on the thread. I know about the "find new since last visit" but it gives me a whole more than need. Matter of fact this is the only forum that I visit that doesn't have that function. I was just curious as to why. It would make it easier to go to new material since last visit. Just my $.02.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 344 | Location: Bean Town in the worthless nut state | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
It is a limitation of the software used.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
If it helps, you can look at a category listing and it will tell you how many replies and how many views a thread has.

For example, in the breadcrumbs at the top of this page you will see Forum Suggestions and help requests from members. If you click on that it will take you to the category page with all the Topics listed. You can quickly locate this thread, the one you started. As of now it says Replies 4, Views 25.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote