Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thread for "Cut-and-paste" info Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
There is a growing number of posts popping up in the forums, that are basically "cut-and-paste" of articles taken from elsewhere on the Net.

Besides the fact that, being just "reprints" of whatever good or bad journalism the original article is, these threads don't give any original first hand information, their sheer number becomes a distraction as one has to mentally filter the posts he wants to read if all he wants is to know what AR members have to say by themselves.

I'd suggest that a new "Info" forum be opened.

Anyone wants to chime in?

Thanks!

Philip

Posts: 1252 | Location: East Africa | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
these threads don't give any original first hand information,

lol

Care to share any examples of what you speak of??????

Posts: 56912 | Location: GUNSHINE STATE | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
A good idea Phillip, quite a number of us know "of what you speak of(sic)" and agree entirely.

A sort of news outpost, if I'm not much mistaken.

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cool, I did not have your posts in mind, the Political Forum is there for anyone to do or say whatever he pleases, and if one does not like it, it's quite easy to not go there...

What I mean is the avalanche of "News" posts on the African Big Game Hunting and other forums. For the first 100 posts on African Big Game this morning, 24 are cut-and-paste "news". That's one quarter of all posts.

A forum is a place where one comes to discuss issues and see what other hunters have to say, not to read the morning papers.

And "cut and paste" news are as good as no news, because the guy who posts them can't answer questions regarding whatever is said since he's just relaying someone else's writings, whether they're accurate or not...

A good example of that is the number of posts last years announcing that hunting was banned in Uganda: the news mongers were just repeating rumours that had been printed by some papers, and never bothered to check if that was fact or not - it wasn't, but the damage done to the hunting industry in Uganda by these rumours was real.

Posts: 1252 | Location: East Africa | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With Quote