New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can we get a general travel section? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Don, Saeed, et. al.,

Can we get a general travel section, preferrably closer to the top were it will actually get noticed?

The reason I ask is because there are a lot of world travelers on this forum but not all travel is hunting related.

For instance, my wife and I will be traveling to London this year for our Anniversary and I would like to ask some questions about things(restaurants, touristy stuff, etc.) in London that I am sure many of the people on this forum could give me good information about since many live in or travel through London on their way to hunting destinations. Unfortunately there is no section to ask these type of generic travel questions in.

Since my questions aren't hunting or fishing related it seems inappropriate to ask them in the hunting sections and the miscellaneous topics section doesn't seem to get much traffic being closer to the bottom of the board. Maybe put it under the Africa Travel section? Or rename the Africa Travel to include other locations?

Thanks for the consideration,

Colin

Posts: 2329 | Location: uSA | Registered: 02 February 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Trip Advisor would be a much better resource for you than anything that can be cobbled together here on short notice.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
Trip Advisor would be a much better resource for you than anything that can be cobbled together here on short notice.

George

Trip Advisor won't tell me about that one special restaurant that is off the beaten path that someone always tries to make that extra bit of effort to return to. I'm looking for people who have similar interests as me(hunting, fishing, firearms, ect.) personal experiences and places they would recommend.

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good idea.

When Lora and I go to place we have never been on a hunting or fishing trip we try to find points of interest either along our travel route or near where we will be staying that we can visit when not hunting or fishing.

Many times eating places won't be publicised in the available printed information about the area we are in and unless the guide/outfitter knows some places, you can end up missing a lot of stuff of interest or some really good eats.

Lora and I do things differently since we don't fly on our trips, so we figure in extra time, especially on the front end of our trips to take the little side trips to see historical or scenic points of interest, because the trip home is done as quickly as possible to get meat taken care of.

Many folks that came out to Pecos county to hunt Javelina with me would go into Fort Stockton mid day when we weren't hunting to try eating spots or visit the old fort cemetery.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't see why it just could not be the Travel Forum. In both my most recent international trips I ran into some things that might be of interest to travelers but neither trip was to Africa.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12912 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

You can post anything related to travel in the Travel Forum.

It does not have to be just Africa.

In fact, I have been posting relevant information there that has nothing to do with Africa.

I have renamed that forum to just TRAVEL FORUM so there is no more confusion.

Thank you for suggesting it.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67297 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Thank You.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank You.