This is the forum for suggestions and help requests on using AR Forums

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Handgun Forum Login/Join 
posted
We have a place for "hunting handguns" but none for just "Handguns". Any thought of adding that?

P.S. Please label this as a "Suggestion" rather than a complaint - I have no desire to "Take a number" LOL

Dale53

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dale:

You need to scroll down the forum list. There is a dedicated "Pistol Shooting" forum and the "Personal Protection/Concealed Carry" forum is also a good source of handgun info.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have scrolled down. We have a whole host of topics for rifles but little for handguns.

Just a thought - I think it would be a great addition to an already excellent forum.

FWIW
Dale53

posted Hide Post
Dale,

Welcome to our forums.

What in particular would this handgun forum cover that isn't already covered in the other handgun forums?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The rifle section has thirteen different divisions.

Handguns could benefit from a "handgun only" section with several divisions":

1 - Handguns
2 - Bullet casting for handguns
3 - Hunting handguns
4 - Optics for handguns
5 - Reloading for handguns

This is not intended to be complete but just examples of additions that would expand pistol and revolver knowledge in the forum.

FWIW,
Dale53

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dale53:

1 - Handguns
3 - Hunting handguns
4 - Optics for handguns

This is not intended to be complete but just examples of additions that would expand pistol and revolver knowledge in the forum.

FWIW,
Dale53

Welcome Dale.

Some are complaining we already have too many forums here and it's getting harder to navigate.

I think we'll pass for now on a totally separate handgun section.

Thanks for the input.

Don

Posts: 26540 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dale53:

1 - Handguns
3 - Hunting handguns
4 - Optics for handguns

FWIW,
Dale53

What we have already covers the gamut in my opinion. Handgun hunters have a place to discuss hunting, reloading, ballistics, etc. as they relate to hunting and there is a pistol shooting section as well. Then there is a specialty single shot pistol forum. What's missing?

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did not see any airsoft handguns forum.. I am already gone, do not search for me. Big Grin

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I tend to agree. Topics like reloading and optics are related to the application eg. target shooting, plinking or hunting. These are appropriately dealt with in forums dedicated to that application. We seem to have that now.
Just my 2 cents.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Exactly, Peter!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Just can't please some people. The ones who leave because the exact forum they desire does not exist are better gone.

If ignorance is bliss; there are some blissful sonofaguns around here. We know who you are, so no reason to point yourselves out.