Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reference forum Login/Join 
one of us
posted
it appears that we have less and less reference material in any category that is of a permanent nature. Can we set up a forum marked reference. Any submissions would have to be approved by multiple moderators. Then unless the information changes or is outdated etc it be as permanent as possible? It dooes not matter what the subject matter is as long as it pertains to the rest of the forum. No posting except for submissions. We just need good factual sources of info that cant be lost or deleted easily.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
The problem Mike is moderators (as much as they make their six figure salaries here from the member dues) just don't have enough time to start moderating posts and coordinating them.

What you are suggesting is a sort of wikihunting site.

That's for someone else to tackle.

Our forums are for members to share experience with others, not become the "true reference book".

Don

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think what Mike is suggesting is the use of "stickies" so that threads on topics that constantly reoccur can be easily found eg. many topics on double rifles, African Hunting (travel, tippping etc), red dot vs. scopes on handguns etc. These are obviously the forums that I visit but I daresay that similar topics could be found for other forums. The moderator(s) of the individual forums know what I mean I am sure.
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would also like to see such a forum. We could put the great threads like Les Brooks thread on stock making, Duane Wiebe's thread on making it feed, the 30-06 pressure information, etc. We have the most knowledgeable people in the world, IMHO, and it would be great to see. Jack Belk did a polishing pictorial several years ago that would be nice as well.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don, Ill tackle it. I am sure several others would help. No I do not intend to be the Wikki site. Just coordinate the tech and other important how to stuff.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote