One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted
for equipment, etc???

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2830 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
I like the idea. It would be`great to share ideas and experiences.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
The wife likes to glamp. I didn't even know that was a word.

Last year I drove the Alcan twice and camped most of the way up past Edmonton and all the way back to Edmonton.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Macs B
posted Hide Post
I think anyone who has ever gone on Safari has technically been "Glamping", those are some pretty lush accomodations

Macs B
U.S. Army Retired
Alles gut!

Posts: 376 | Location: USA | Registered: 07 December 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have set up the Camping Forum for you.

Yes, we always "glamping" on safari.

Especially hen the truck is loaded with a stinking mess of baits rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66988 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Macs B:
I think anyone who has ever gone on Safari has technically been "Glamping", those are some pretty lush accomodations

As Jim Bridger (or someone Smiler) said: "only a tenderfoot roughs it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36629 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I have set up the Camping Forum for you.

Thanks Saeed!

Jason

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
thanks, Saeed!!!

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2830 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
could be fun for some. Me, I had enough of camping in RVN; and that was 44 years ago...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
could be fun for some. Me, I had enough of camping in RVN; and that was 44 years ago...

When you hunt there in Idaho do you stay in the Holiday Inn?
Big Grin

Jason

-Jason Brown

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great question there JB!!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote