New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moose with Phil
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
48 hours until I'm in King Salmon, awaiting pickup Saturday morning to fly out to Phil Shoemaker's base camp. Then the next day we'll be flying out again to a spike camp in Moose country. I've toned down (for me, anyway!) my caliber selection, and will be hunting with a Mark Bansner Ultimate in 338 Win Mag. See what happens :-)

Biebs

Posts: 20164 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You'll have a great time Jon. Maybe the wind won't be hurricane force as it was yesterday. I'll be in Dillingham Friday.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I heard it's been a bit breezy :-)

Posts: 20164 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Abob
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, you are hunting with the best. Say hi to Rocky for me and enjoy her cookies. Hopefully both their kids will be there for the season. Wet a line if you get the chance.

Jim

fur, feathers, & meat in the freezersalute
"Pass it on to your kids"

Posts: 822 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 22 October 2008Reply With Quote