New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tanzania 2003 video Alaska
 Login/Join

Picture of Paul H
posted
I hope it isn't presumptuous, but in hunts past, Saeed has sent me a video to send around Alaska. I know prior to that, there were complaints about the time lag due to shipping between the lower 48 and here, and post 9/11, mail service has been notably slower.

Anyhow, this will serve as the Alaska list, first come, first served as usual, I'll send it to the first on the list, then you guys take it from there.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of AKJD
posted Hide Post
Count me in. Thanks for the offer. Since I am still saving for my first Safari, I am living vicariously through others videos. PM sent.

Posts: 323 | Location: Fairbanks AK | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul,
I just have KMuleinAk on my list, as the only Alaskan. I will keep him there until he tells me otherwise, or you and Saeed make it official.
Aloha

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
DaggaRon,

To make things easier, I think anyone in Alaska should be on Paul's list, as he kindly agreed to run it.

Posts: 66962 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
O.K.,
Will forward KMuleinAk to Paul.
Aloha

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you !!! KMule

Posts: 1300 | Location: Alaska.USA | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
The list so far is:

Kmuleinak
AKJD
Nitroman

The way we've done this before is I get the video to the first guy on the list, he watches it, then sends it on to the next guy. You are responsible for contacting the next guy on the list to figure out where to send it to.

If anyone else in AK is interested, reply to this thread and your name will be added to the list.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul

Please add me to the list.

Erik

Posts: 355 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 09 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Finley
posted Hide Post
Paul,

I'd like to be added to the list as well.
Thanks.

Jarrett

Posts: 223 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 20 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul,
I sure would like to be added to the list. I sent you an email earlier about being added.

Thanks,
YJ

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Paul, please add me to the list.

Posts: 47 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 26 February 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
This is perfect timing for the new forum, as I just received the 2003 Tanzania video today.

The current list is:

Kmuleinak
AKJD
Nitroman
Erik
Jarett
Yukon Jack
Inyati

The way we've done it in the past is I get the tape to the first guy on the list, and the rest of you are responsible of contacting eachother to figure out who to send it to next.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Paul,

You might wish to let us know what you think of the video.

I have already heard at least one memebr's favorite was the waterbuck, and all love the buffalo hunts.

I tried to include more the humts in the footage, not sure whether this is an improvement or not.

Posts: 66962 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would sure like to get on the list
Robert Johnson
135 Soldotna Ln
Slodotna ak 99669

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BW
posted Hide Post
Paul,

Good move, asking Saeed to start an 'Alaskan Board'! Thanks Saeed!

Please add my name to the list. I've really enjoyed the past videos from Saeed.

Posts: 778 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Add me to the list please.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Couple of updates. Kmule e-mailed me to say he'll be out for a week helping a buddy with the elusive, well hard to draw for, Delta Bison. So, that bumps AKJD into the #1 spot. I'll try and get ahold of him and get to tape to him this week.

Saeed,

I'll gladly let you know my favorite part when I get a chance to view the tape. Hopefully I'll find some free time this week, something about haveing little ones in school, with aftershool activities nearly every night, and homework, just takes up what little spare time and energy I have.

I'm especially looking forward to viewing the buff hunts, as that is my favorite. Of all your videos, the first Zimbabwe tape, '97 I believe, was the most enjoyable with you and Roy quietly stalking through the brush after the wounded buff. That one hunt really made me feel like I was there, with the tension in the air.

The updated list is:

Kmuleinak
AKJD
Nitroman
Erik
Jarett
Yukon Jack
Inyati
Robert Johnson
Bee Dubya [Wink]
YK Delta

one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul, I'd like to be added to the list as well.

Posts: 99 | Location: Cordova Alaska | Registered: 07 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul, I'd like to be added to the list also!!
(did you ever make it to the Kenai for Moose [Big Grin] [Big Grin] )

Thank you!!

Tim Sturm

Posts: 2352 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Tim,

Yes we made it to Kenai, no we didn't see so much as a cow or calf, let alone a bull [Frown]

That said, we had a great time, and caught our share of rainbows. We also made it down earlier in the season for dipnetting, and limited out in an evening, so the freezer is full of fish [Big Grin]

one of us
Picture of CK
posted Hide Post
Paul,

Please add me to the list.

Thank you.

Posts: 653 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul H:
The list so far is:

Kmuleinak
AKJD
Nitroman

The way we've done this before is I get the video to the first guy on the list, he watches it, then sends it on to the next guy. You are responsible for contacting the next guy on the list to figure out where to send it to.

If anyone else in AK is interested, reply to this thread and your name will be added to the list.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul add me to the list kk alaska
Kmuleinak
AKJD
Nitroman

If anyone else in AK is interested, reply to this thread and your name will be added to the list.[/qb][/QUOTE][/QB][/QUOTE]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm back [Big Grin] [Eek!] [Big Grin] - I can tell you that the Delta bison hunt is great - my buddy that drew the permit, killed a handsome bull the second day of season!!! Wow, we had all the luck on our side - I have emailed Paul about the video, no hurry on my part - thanks Paul and thanks Saeed for starting up the Alaska forum [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1300 | Location: Alaska.USA | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Paul, good to finally meet you - I will watch the video this weekend and share with several friends plus email AKJD as he is next on the list for the video - KMule

one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
Add me to the list too please.

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You guys will enjoy the video, some great shooting by Saeed and roping by Ray; now this Walter, he is a hoot!!! [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin] Every campfire after a day of hunting needs a guy like Walter [Wink] [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin] KMule

one of us
posted Hide Post
AKJD - email coming to you - KMule

one of us
posted Hide Post
AKJD - the video has been sent to you via USPS - I emailed both you and Paul H with tracking information, should be to you on Saturday - KMule

one of us
Picture of AKJD
posted Hide Post
KMuleinAK,
Thanks a bunch, now if Saturday would just hurry and up and get here. [Big Grin]

JD

Posts: 323 | Location: Fairbanks AK | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of AKJD
posted Hide Post
The videotape has arrived. I will start to watch it tonight. Thanks KMuleinAK. Nitroman, you are next on the list. Please contact me with mailing information. Thanks.

JD

one of us
Picture of AKJD
posted Hide Post
Nitroman,
I have sent you an e-mail to the address listed in your profile requesting an address to send the tape to. Please contact me so I can send out the tape. Thanks.
JD

one of us
Picture of AKJD
posted Hide Post
Video has been mailed to Nitroman.

<Kenai Capt>
posted
Please add me to the list
Thanks!
Ron

one of us
Picture of BW
posted Hide Post
Has anyone heard from Nitroman?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Please add me to the list, looking forward to it.

John

Posts: 116 | Location: Juneau, Alaska, U.S.A. | Registered: 25 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Any word from Nitroman?

Posts: 355 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 09 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BW
posted Hide Post
Well...

...that didn't take too long to screw up. [Frown]

one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
BW, LMAO from your last post.

It looks like I am about 15 or so on the list.
I figured it might make it that far around next summer.

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got an e-mail from Nitroman a couple of days ago, he informed me the video will be heading my way on Friday.
Jarrett, send me youmailing address and I'll get the video to you as soon as I watch it.