Find
Notify
Tools

kOLPIN CASE
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of cessna
posted
I'm NEEDING A NEW HARD CASE AS WELL AS A SOFT CASE FOR MY RIFLE ON AN UPCOMING AK HUNT. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHICH KOLPIN CASE WOULD WORK. I NOTICED THEY HAVE ONE WITH A FITTED SOFT CASE INCLUDED. ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THESE CASES?

Posts: 430 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
They are an Alaskan standard, and found strapped to the struts of many Supercubs .

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4206 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Are you planning on using it as a hard case to travel on a commercial aircraft? If so you need something far tougher to get through the "gentle" handling an airline can dish out.

As protection on a light aircraft, ATV's, boats and the like they are indeed pretty much a standard in many places. I even use mine when driving up to the mountains to hunt for the day at home. That way packs, boots and the like that get thrown into the truck never bother the rifle.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2813 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Remember that whatever hard case that you buy that you bring as many locks as there is lock spots in the case. My case had 4 lock spots on it and the airlines made me lock all 4 spots.I only had 2 locks on the case, luckily they had locks that I bought from them.

Posts: 561 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Kolpin cases are airline approved and in my experience work excellent as they have no hinges and require only a single padlock

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4206 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 458Win:
Kolpin cases are airline approved and in my experience work excellent as they have no hinges and require only a single padlock

That's what I have always used when flying out to hunt MT. Never had an issue.

Posts: 2361 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cessna
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input. Koplin case with fitted soft case ordered. Thanks again.

Posts: 430 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 July 2006Reply With Quote