THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Pending # 2 SCI Muzzleloader moose

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pending # 2 SCI Muzzleloader moose
 Login/Join

posted
Just recieve a call from one of the clients i had this year for moose hunting.Come to find out he may have shot the #2 all SCI muzzleloader moose.We knew it would be good for Blackpowder but #2 I was elated.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You got any pictures?

Posts: 409 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Question, Just for info and not to start a pissing contest. I have never hunted moose and I
don't shoot Muzzleloaders but with what i have read about the modern guns why is there a seperate class? Is there a class for handguns as well. Now i admit i do not remember well anymore but arn't modern guns catching up with
say lever guns in power and speed.
Thanks
Gene

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of lofter
posted Hide Post
invader66.......I believe there is a separate season for smoke poles thus the difference in class. 28" inline 45 cal with a knight 180 redhot sabot using 777 over 2400 fps thus smoking the 30-30.

Anything worth doing is worth doing right the first time.

Posts: 411 | Location: Southeastern Pa | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There isn't a seperate season for moose with muzzleloaders. Though, there is some hunts (mainly drawing permit only hunts) that are restricted to muzzleloader only. Same can be said with bowhunting.

Posts: 409 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sixgun Symphony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slasher:
Just recieve a call from one of the clients i had this year for moose hunting.Come to find out he may have shot the #2 all SCI muzzleloader moose.We knew it would be good for Blackpowder but #2 I was elated.

What was he using? A traditional flintlock rifle? A percussion rifle? A modern inline rifle?

What caliber? Was it a patched ball or conical bullet?

Posts: 1254 | Location: USA | Registered: 14 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
who are you slasher?

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1409 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Just a guy whi loves guiding people & killing s***.Why do you think you know who i am?I will tell you this the bull wwas killed in your neck of the woods.