Notify
Tools

Ammo ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted
http://www.garrettcartridges.com/products.asp

Has anyone tried these? What about their statements on BIG Game. I put it here because you guys use rifles all the time. I'm just part time. Dang sure ain't posting it on the African Forum Big Grin

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by invader66:
...... Dang sure ain't posting it on the African Forum Big Grin
lol rotflmo jumping

Posts: 512 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My present load using Marshall Stantons hardcast of 425 grains rivals Garretts in my .45-70 at an avg. of 1900fps. I can build them cheaper and they are very effective on big game ie.., moose and bears. Have never shot a Kodiak nor a Polar. Just don't get that much South or North of where I live. Enough bears here to keep me on alert without looking for more cheers

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
Not using the garret ammo specifically, but they load to max for marlin 1895 rifles with hard cast bullets. Experience has shown these to be excellent for all but dangerous game. For Brownies I would reccomend a good expanding bullet (Barnes or Trophy Bonded Bear Claw) in .338 win mag or better yet .375H&H.

Good luck and happy hunting.

John

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote