New
Find
Notify
Tools

Public gun ranges in Fairbanks
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am flying into Fairbanks a couple of days before I am to fly out on my hunt. Is there a decent public gun range that has sand bags, stable benches and targets at various distances? A name would be appreciated.

Assuming all goes well and I have some time to kill, is there someone that you all would recommend for a half day of fishing?

Thanks!

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AK145
posted Hide Post
Yes...there is a public gun range at the end of South Cushman Street...benches, etc. It has fairly liberal hours and is an "ok" place to shoot. This time of year it gets pretty full but during the day when people are at work it is not too bad. Yes...there are some people that shoot there who are pretty lax on gun safety...like every where well else...but over all it is not bad for basically being in town.

Just take Cushman South...past Northland Wood...over the dyke...and turn left before you can't drive any further. The road is marked. There is pistol range on the right and rifle range on the left.

Posts: 217 | Location: Fairbanks, Alaska | Registered: 15 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AK145
posted Hide Post
I forgot...you need a target though...or if you don't have one there are usually a few down range that people left there.

Posts: 217 | Location: Fairbanks, Alaska | Registered: 15 August 2011Reply With Quote