THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Isn't this ILLEGAL? Alaska Safari and Trading, LLC

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Isn't this ILLEGAL? Alaska Safari and Trading, LLC
 Login/Join

One Of Us
posted
Isn't this illegal in Alaska??! From the website of Alaskan Safari & Trading LLC.
Quote:

We use a variety of aircraft to land as close as possible to the bears without running them off.

Cheers,
CL

one of us
posted Hide Post
CanadianLefty: I suppose you can land as close as possible to bears or bear dens spotted from the air as long as you do not hunt those bears until 0300 hours the following day. But your point is well taken. It sounds like these folks are pushing or approaching some boundary that should be avoided. Some folks want to hunt brown bears without having to pay the high price of doing it right....which involves hiring the best guides ($15,000+/-) or simply slogging it out on your own and working hard at it..I choose to take the latter route. I suppose there are corners that can be cut, but...what's the fun in that? I moved to Alaska so that I can hunt brown bears, sheep, goats, moose and caribou. If people are serious about what they want to do, they will pay, one way or another.

Cheers,

Robert

Posts: 669 | Location: Alaska, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote