New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey Bear Hunter Lookey Here
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My nephew was up with family for caribou on the Taylor and night before her took off, we took one last ride out our road. Over our summit, and he shot a typical interior grizz which always puts the icing on the hunt cake. Bear was running straight up a big hill about 250 yards away. Nephew opened up with my 308 Scar, 165 TTSX's 43 grains TAC. I yelled at him to keep shootin, and about the 3-4th shot he hit the grizz. That bear faltered and took off again like he wasn't even hurt, but dropped over in about 30 more yards. Them dang grizz eat 15 moose each/ year so Alaskans need to shoot every single one they come across. Any day you shoot a grizz, is a very good day. JUst wait until 2-3 weeks from now, they'll really be in the blueberries then. And where else than in Alaska, can ya shoot a grizz without any permits or tags; thanks You F&G for some common sense. Anyway, hope you enjoy the picts

Posts: 521 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 12 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The bear needs a comb!

Posts: 859 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zhurh:
My nephew was up with family for caribou on the Taylor and night before her took off, we took one last ride out our road. Over our summit, and he shot a typical interior grizz which always puts the icing on the hunt cake. Bear was running straight up a big hill about 250 yards away. Nephew opened up with my 308 Scar, 165 TTSX's 43 grains TAC. I yelled at him to keep shootin, and about the 3-4th shot he hit the grizz. That bear faltered and took off again like he wasn't even hurt, but dropped over in about 30 more yards. Them dang grizz eat 15 moose each/ year so Alaskans need to shoot every single one they come across. Any day you shoot a grizz, is a very good day. JUst wait until 2-3 weeks from now, they'll really be in the blueberries then. And where else than in Alaska, can ya shoot a grizz without any permits or tags; thanks You F&G for some common sense. Anyway, hope you enjoy the picts

Perfect!!Darn nice bear, ever get into the Ladue drainage?

Posts: 2357 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey that ain't a black rifle!!
Reckon it's ok to use then, haha!
Pass this to Zumbo.
Glad he got his bear. Sure needs a good brushng huh?
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5957 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote