New
Find
Notify
Tools

Goat and Bear
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looking for info on a MT Goat hunt with a possibility of black bear and/or Grizzly Bear. Alaska or Canada OK. I plan on using my Blaser K 95 single shot in 308. Would prefer a boat or horse hunt.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TrackersNZ
posted Hide Post
I'm hunting with this guy in October, will let you know how it goes if you like.
http://www.gasandtime.com/

...."At some point in every man's life he should own a Sako rifle and a John Deere tractor....it just doesn't get any better...."

Posts: 630 | Location: Hawera, Taranaki, New Zealand | Registered: 17 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TrackersNZ
Yes, please let me know what you think.
I also like the look of his spring black bear hunt.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bruce Parker can provide as good a goat, black bear or brown bear hunt as anyone and probably better along the Canada/SE AK coast. He hunts from the 60' Nepenthe which provides a warm and very comfortable base camp. His hunts are expensive but you get what you pay for.

The goats are late season and because the snow drives them down you basically can spot them from the skiff on the side of the fyord, land the boat and make a shot up onto the cliff. It really is about that simple. That late in the season though you are not likely to see bears.

Brown bear and black bear are hunted both spring and fall also with the Nepenthe as base camp and cruising the shore looking for rutting/feeding bears in spring and in fall cruising and hunting salmon streams.

I have personally successfully hunted goat and black bear with him and could not recommend him more. If you don't really see the need to climb for your goat this is the hunt.

Call me if you'd like further details.

Goats average 9", black bear 7' and brown bear9'

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12917 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark thanks for the info. I will be in touch.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
marks assesment on bruce parker is spot on.

there are other options. james boyce also hunts from a boat and would be another good choice.

one to avoid would be see alaska with jim h. keeline, inc. see it, but with anyone else but him. if he is still in business.

Cold Zero