THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Question about Wasslia/Palmer AK area

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about Wasslia/Palmer AK area
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am looking at purchasing some property in the Palmer/Wassila area. That looks to be great country! What is there to hunt in the Palmer area?

Thanks
Mark

Posts: 367 | Location: Anchor Point, Alaska | Registered: 03 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoyaler:
I am looking at purchasing some property in the Palmer/Wassila area. That looks to be great country! What is there to hunt in the Palmer area?

Thanks
Mark

Moose, Black Bear, Wolves, Cyotes, Spruce Chickens, Wabbits, a little drive for Caribou and the neighbors Moose chaseing Dogs & Fat Girls dancing

Posts: 2357 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm sure you're aware that 1/2 of Alaska tries to hunt in the Mat-Su valley. I live there.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunting out of my door in the Valley is fun, and sometimes productive. Yes it gets crowded, but not so much on weekdays.

Posts: 222 | Location: Alaska- The Greatland | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M70Nut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsturm:
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoyaler:

Thanks
Mark
Moose, Black Bear, Wolves, Cyotes, Spruce Chickens, Wabbits, a little drive for Caribou and the neighbors Moose chaseing Dogs & Fat Girls dancing
A little drive for caribou? Only if your hunting tier II,otherwise your looking at a long drive for caribou but everything else is pretty much close to the Palmer/Wasilla area but expect company.

"We band of 45-70'ers"

Posts: 845 | Location: S.C. Alaska | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
It's pretty much like anchorage, it's a place you live because you need to work, and there is great fishing/hunting a drive, boat or plane ride away.

In general folks in the lower 48 have a very misguided view of Alaskan hunting. Per acre, alaskan big game populations are very low. Most require a semi-expedition to access, and figure a solid week in the field. If you think you can buy 40 acres, put up a treestand and get your moose every year, you'll be sadly disapointed. But spend the time and $ to access the game, hunt hard and you'll be richly rewarded.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for the info!

Mark

Posts: 367 | Location: Anchor Point, Alaska | Registered: 03 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
....It,s a pretty neat place ... And a good starting point or for some ending point ..IE Pioneers Home..

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote